Recipe by FatKidBehavior
From the Neely's Thanksgiving episode....mmmmm....
Top Review by Elly in Canada
My family enjoys glazed sweet potatoes. I boiled my potatoes till almost tender and drained them. I melted the butter and brown sugar in a pan, added the maple syrup and then the sweet potatoes; seasoned with nutmeg and fresh ground pepper. I gently stirred the potatoes until tender and glazed. A great tasting treat!
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter, for greasing
- 4 medium yams or 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cut each of the yams into 8 evenly shaped wedges. Lay them out in the prepared baking dish in an even layer. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and allow to dissolve. Mix in syrup and cook until smooth. Pour the glaze over the yams and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for about 45 minutes or until the yams are tender when pierced with a fork but they still hold their shape.