Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Stumbled upon this at epicurious and really wanted to see the response, if I could get any! I think they look yummy, and a nice alternative to sugar blasted Jell-O! Also: pretty! PLEASE NOTE: you can't use fruits like pineapple, kiwi, or papaya, or the gelatin won't set!
- 1 cup real fruit juice (Goya has a delicious peach nectar, or mango) or 1 cup fruit nectar, chilled (Goya has a delicious peach nectar, or mango)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces package unflavored gelatin
- Lightly coat 16 muffin tins (or whatever you will be using to hold them, try molds!) with oil.
- Place 1/4 cup of the juice into a bowl and pour in the gelatin. Let sit for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, bring the rest of the juice to a boil. Add to bowl with gelatin/juice mix, stirring until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Slowly pour the mixture into the tins (or molds you're using).
- Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 2 hours.
- Pop the tartlets out. Serve them cold.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.