Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Alison Holst Cookbook. Very tasty. Good served warm or at room temperature, rather than cold, straight from the fridge.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 teaspoons basil pesto (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 10 beans, green
- 3 tomatoes, large
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 10 olives, black
- lemon wedge (optional)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Cover eggs with hot water and bring to boil and simme for 10 minutes. Cool immediately in cold water, shelling them when cool enough to handle.
- Put the couscous into a large bowl with the pesto and stock powder, pour over the boiling water, cover and leave to stand for at least 6 minutes.
- Slice the beans diagonally into 3 cm lengths and cook in a little water for 2 - 3 minutes. Drain.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1 cm cubes.
- Shake the dressing ingredients, garlic, salt, pesto, lemon juice and olive oil, together in a screw top jar.
- Just before serving, fork through the couscous to fluff it up, then fold in most of the beans, tomatoes and chopped herbs.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with quartered hard boiled eggs, remaining beans, tomatoes and herbs and olives.
- Dizzzle with the dressing and serve with lemon wedges if desired.