Recipe by Azzurri
This is a bar recipe I found on a health and fitness site. The original recipe made it a protein bar, but when I made it (ages ago) I didn't have any so I left it out. If you want to make it a protein bar simply add 2 cups of protein powder and add an extra 1/2 cup of honey. This is a good bar for straight after an intense workout, but it tastes like a dessert so even if you're not active you can make it just as a snack bar or treat.
Top Review by BigNanc
These bars are wonderful!! Wish I could give it 10 stars! I added two scoops of whey protein, 1/4 cup wheat germ and 1/4 cup sesame seeds. I take them to work for my afternoon protein snack. One of the ladies at work offered to pay me to make them for her!! This recipe is a real keeper! Thanks so much for sharing.
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a large nonstick pot and warm up over a low heat until runny and mixed.
- Mix in the oatmeal (and protein powder if using).
- You don't want to cook it, just heat it up enough to stir everything together nicely.
- Press into a 9x9-inch pan.
- Let cool, then cut into 16 equal bars.
- Wrap each bar in foil and store in plastic bags. - No need to refrigerate as the ingredients are natural.