Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a delicious bread that was/is very common to every Native American. It's very delicious and goes with absolutely anything you want it for:) like salads, pastas, tacos anything! Very easy to make and very good to eat:)
- Mix the dry ingredients together, mix the egg and the water, add to the dry mixture.
- Add flour or water to adjust mixture to a very soft dough mixture.
- Put dough on a well floured board.
- Roll out to about a 1 inch thickness.
- Let set for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into what ever size you would like.
- Batter makes about 25 pieces.
- Deep fry in hot oil, just enough to brown on each side.
- Put on a paper towel to get some of the oil off of the bread.
This turned out perfectly for the Indian tacos' recipe I made: Indian Tacos - Ojibway Style. I shaped the dough too small but next time I'll know to make them bigger. See my review for the Indian tacos.
Never thought I'd be able to find a fry bread recipe here!!! Thank you so much for posting this! My grandmother used to make fry bread when I was little, we ate it with everything! Thanks again!
I plan to use this at our meeting at the musuem. the topic is American artifacts. So thought this would go well. But can I make it the day before and still be good?