1/2 Photos of Nanna's Gnocchi
1 hr 15 mins
My nanna was from Italy, I loved it when she made gnocchi. It is a very time consuming process, but well worth the effort! The recipe can be varied with the addition of other ingredients (spinach, pumpkin, mushroom, herbs...) just let your imagination run wild! Serve with any sauce that tickles your fancy & lots of parmesan!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place mashed potatoes, flour, egg, nutmeg and salt& pepper in a bowl.
- 2Knead lightly with your fingertips to make a firm but soft dough.
- 3Divide dough into 4 even-sized pieces and then roll into long sausage shapes on a lightly floured surface.
- 4Cut the rolls into small 1 inch pieces.
- 5Press each piece over the back of a fork, pressing lightly with 2 fingers.
- 6Bring a large pot of salted boiling water to simmering point.
- 7Drop six to eight gnocchi in water and simmer for 3- 4 minutes, or until they rise to the surface.
- 8Remove with a slotted spoon.
- 9Serve with your favourite pasta sauce and parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nanna's Gnocchi
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 22.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g