Recipe by Gingerbread Lady
My mom, Nancy Long, makes these delicious walnut stick cookies at Christmas time. Everybody loves them!
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 lb dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, cream the shortening and dark brown sugar together.
- Add beaten eggs to the sugar mixture.
- Add the vanilla and nuts.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a 12 x 6 greased pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 oven.
- Cool and cut into 1 x 3 inch sticks.
- Roll sticks in white powdered sugar.