Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
No coconut, lots of mandarin oranges, and sour cream instead of whipping cream combine to set this marshmallow salad apart. But then I'm biased about all the holiday favorites I grew up with. It's now a favorite of my daughters.
- 16 ounces kraft miniature marshmallows
- 16 ounces sour cream (regular or light)
- 3 (11 -15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and cut in half
- Combine marshmallows and sour cream.
- Gently fold in oranges and pineapple.
- Gently fold in cherries.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
The classic ambrosia/5 cup salad! This "makes" any holiday dinner. Even though I love coconut, I prefer this recipe just the way it is. Thanks Rochsann!<br/>Roxgirl<br/><br/>Update: this time I used Stoneyfield Organic Rich & Creamy plain yogurt & really like it!
This was very good, but since I didn't find it as sweet as I would have liked, I sprinkled one 3.4 oz. box of Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding over all, folded it in, and refrigerated overnite to ensure pudding would dissolve. Got raves from family at a family picnic. Will definitely be making again. Thanks rochsann!!
So Yummy, thanks for a great recipe. I had no cherries so I added in 2 sliced bananas. Thank you. Yummy!