Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A recipe passed on through generations! The sharper the cheese the better. If you don't have a cookie press don't worry - cheese cookies taste just as good!!
- preheat oven to 325.
- mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- mix it very good to incorporate the ingredients evenly (I use my hands).
- if you have a cookie press, fill it using the manufacturers directions and set it on the star press.
- Using a cookie sheet make rows of the cheese straws longways.
- If you do not have a press then you can make balls and place on a cookie sheet (works just as well).
- put in oven for 10-12 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes.
These were a disappointment, I am sorry to say. Even though I used the larger star press, the straws fell apart. They didn't hold their shape at all. Normally, I wouldn't really mind, because I would just eat the broken pieces, but the taste wasn't quite right. They seemed far to 'floury'. They might have worked much better putting them through the press more like a cookie; or maybe flattening them out like a cracker. I could 'almost' imagine them tasting a little like a cheddar cracker.