1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Barbell Bunny's Note:
My favorite Iranian cookie! These are made from chickpea flour and have such a unique and lovely taste. They melt right in your mouth and are irresistible. They pair nicely with tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift and combine the chickpea flour, confectioner's sugar, and ground cardamom.
- 2Add oil or butter and mix well.
- 3Add rose water, and continue to mix.
- 4Tightly pack the flour mixture into a small rectangular pan that is 3/4" deep.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour to harden the dough.
- 6Remove from the refrigerator.
- 7Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 8Cut the dough with a small cookie cutter (3/4" x 3/4". Traditionally a clover or flower cutout is used.).
- 9Place cookies on a baking sheet one inch apart.
- 10Garnish with crushed pistachios.
- 11Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the base of the cookie is slightly golden.
- 12Allow the cookies to cool before transferring to a cooling rack or storage container. Be careful, as they are delicate.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nan-E Nokhochi Persian Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: