Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have no idea where my mother got this recipe, but from a very small age it has been my main go to comfort food. I have tried using low sodium tomato soup and it is just as yummy. Also I like cut green beans opposed to French-style beans.
- Peel and cut potatoes; boil until tender and prepare them as mashed potatoes according to your liking.
- In large skillet brown ground beef; sprinkle with 1 tsp black pepper and cook until no longer pink.
- Add green beans and tomato soup; stir to coat meat well. Place mixture into ungreased baking dish.
- Spread mashed potatoes in a single layer over meat mixture. Top with layer of cheese (use as much or as little as you like).
- Bake in 350°F oven until cheese is melted and starts to brown around the edges.
- Serve as is or with bread and butter.