I have no idea where my mother got this recipe, but from a very small age it has been my main go to comfort food. I have tried using low sodium tomato soup and it is just as yummy. Also I like cut green beans opposed to French-style beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cut potatoes; boil until tender and prepare them as mashed potatoes according to your liking.
- 2In large skillet brown ground beef; sprinkle with 1 tsp black pepper and cook until no longer pink.
- 3Add green beans and tomato soup; stir to coat meat well. Place mixture into ungreased baking dish.
- 4Spread mashed potatoes in a single layer over meat mixture. Top with layer of cheese (use as much or as little as you like).
- 5Bake in 350°F oven until cheese is melted and starts to brown around the edges.
- 6Serve as is or with bread and butter.
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Mommy's Hamburger Pie
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 886.7
- Calories from Fat 409
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 149.7 mg
- Sodium 1805.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 50.9 g