Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a true treat, yummy and fattening.
Make and share this My Mamma's Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package spaghetti noodles (Or Vermicelli)
- 6 green onions, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- shredded parmesan cheese, at the table
- Cook noodles.
- Meanwhile, saute bacon bits until cooked through and slightly crispy. Remove cooked bacon from pan and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms, green onions, and garlic in the bacon grease.
- Add bacon bits and noodles to the mix. Add butter, egg yolk and cheese. Mix thoroughly until gooey. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with sprinkled paremesan on top. Serves 6-8 adults.