Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another recipe from my wonderful Mama. This flavour combination might seem a little strange (hence the name) but its really tasty. Try it!
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, trimmed & minced (I use regular onions or shallots)
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- Before cooking, prick eggplant in several places.
- Micro wave about 5 minutes each on hi or until softish.
- Peel and place pulp in food processor.
- Process until smooth (set aside).
- Heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil in medium pot over medium hi heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, scallions, and quickly cook stirring constantly for one minute Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar and vinegar just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add at once to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pureed eggplant and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and cilantro.