This would be great for Valentines day...you and your "honey" together with a romantic dinner and a pitcher of sangria.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle sweet white wine (I like Riesling)
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 3 blood orange juice
- 2 key limes, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 blood orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 key lime, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 1 liter club soda or 1 liter carbonated beverages (7-Up, 7-Up if you like sweeter)
- Mix honey into wine until smooth. Then add remaining ingredients to a large pitcher except club soda, and chill overnight.
- The next day, add ice to pitcher and serve in wine glasses with some fruit added to each glass, and topping up with club soda or 7-Up to make the sangria sparkle.
Fabulous! I used Sprite Zero since I was out of club soda and don't buy 7-Up. I also used a sweet white table wine from Serendipity Cellars. Loved this drink! Super easy to drink and very pretty! I must admit I did not let it sit overnight.... it barely sat for 10 minutes, I bet it is even better the second day! Perfect for Valentines Day for sure! Good Luck Chef!
A very pretty color! I do love honey and this does call for a lot of it! This is sweet! Using sweet wine, honey and cherry juice and for that reason I opted for club soda and not a sweetened soda. The ingredients should be listed as they are used for ease of the recipe maker. I cut the Orange into 1/2 rounds because they just over powered the tiny key limes. I did leave the lemons in rounds but they to could have been cut in 1/2 rounds. The key limes did get lost in this I would have enjoyed more of it. A bit sweet for us but we did enjoy it. Thanks!