Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that my Grandmother used to make and I am probably cursed forever for posting but oh well at least it will make people happy!:)My grandmother would not have store bought most of this but I am a realist. Also my H does not like the eggs so I ususally omit but I thought I would put them in this since that is the old way.( This is my first posting of a recipe so I hope I make it worth the while)
- 15 fresh lasagna noodles (cooked about 1 minute less than suggested)
- 4.5 (26 ounce) jars tomato sauce, your favorite
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swiss cheese, shredded
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 hot sausage
- 1 sausage
- 1 loaf bread, toasted stale
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- garlic, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Meatballs: (I make these in double or triple batches and freeze them after I cook them, then pull them out and use them whenever).
- Break bread in to 1 inch by 1 inch squares.
- Add milk to toasted bread squeeze together until all bread is damp (discard any left over milk).
- Add all other ingredients by hand and mix by hand ( you want to see the bread chunks in the mix).
- Roll into 1 inch meat balls.
- Heat in an oven at 425 until lightly browned.
- Lasagna (layers from bottom to top).
- Sauce bottom of pan
- Layer noodles next.
- Meatballs and swiss cheese.
- Sauce again.
- Meatballs and swiss.
- Parmesan to top.
- bake at 425 1 hour or until hot.
Ciao! Great recipe