Recipe by Kozmic Blues
I LOVE kale and this is how I like to make it almost every time. I'm a hot pepper flake chick, but if that's too much for you, just leave it out! Great as a side dish, but I can eat this as my main meal, maybe just add some chickpeas or cannelini beans in at the end, amazing!
Top Review by EveryoneLovesaSpringer
Being inexperienced kale eaters, my husband and I expected this to taste like spruced-up spinach (which we detest). I am so glad we took a chance because we were so wrong! This dish is incredible! Super flavorful and packed full of antioxidants - we will be enjoying this again and again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes, if using, and let them sizzle a bit in the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored.
- Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all (most) the liquid has evaporated. I like the kale to still remain bright-ish green.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.