Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is being posted because I can never remember the amounts of the ingredients. Sometimes, I crave this (minus the cake) and just whip up 1/4 a batch and eat it with a spoon till it gets TOO rich for me to take another bite. Sometimes, you just gotta have a little (or a lot) sweet.
- 2 tablespoons Crisco or 2 tablespoons other solid shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, very soft
- 2 lbs powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk (to adjust spreading consistency)
- paste food coloring
- Cream together in a stand mixer the butter and Crisco until completely blended. Add the vanilla.
- Sift in the powdered sugar a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. Keep sifting and blending until the whole 2 lbs. is incorporated.
- If the icing is thick and will not spread easily, add 1 tablespoons of milk at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add food coloring. Blend well.
Thanks for posting this one, I use it all the time :)
Maybe it was me, but even with only 1 1/4 lbs of the confectionary sugar, the mixture was very, very stiff, and I did indeed had to add quite a bit of milk to thin it down. The upside though is that you can control exactly how thick or thin you want your frosting to be, and taste was excellent so I will be using this as my go-to frosting. Thank you so much for posting.