Recipe by puppitypup
My old Mennonite cookbook is on it's last legs, so I'm posting my favorite recipes before it falls apart completely. I love this chocolate frosting, it's meant for sheet cakes or brownies. Frost the cake right out of the oven - don't wait for the cake to cool!
Top Review by Q & A's Mom
This frosting/glaze rocks!!! It was easy and oh so delicious. I just made a boxed yellow cake and poured this on top. My son loved it so much, he didn't even wait for the cake to cool a little. Thank you for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt, 1 tiny pinch
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter, cocoa and buttermilk in bowl and heat in microwave until boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Pour hot mixture into mixing bowl and add powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Pour over hot cake right after removing from oven. If using nuts, sprinkle over icing immediately.