Get a glass of cold milk ready! This has been my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time, found in a Betty Crocker cookbook years ago. Once I made it for my HS Latin class and it became a class tradition and a family favorite...Thank you, Betty!
- Cream shortening, butter, and sugars in large mixing bowl; blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
- **I like chewy cookies and if you do too, adjust the baking time accordingly).