Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very easy, very moist, and very satisfying when a chocolate fix is needed. We like to eat this cake still warm from the oven while the chocolate chips are soft. I have never bothered to frost or glaze this cake - there's rarely enough left to frost by the time the cake has cooled.
- Best results are achieved with all ingredients at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and dust a bundt cake pan (I dust with granulated sugar).
- Combine wet ingredients first, and then add dry ingredients.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until the cake tests done with toothpick.
- Let cool for 10 minutes (I like to sprinkle a little granulated sugar onto base of cake before inverting onto plate).
We really like this cake, I've never used the liqueur or chocolate chips, just personal taste. Typically while the cake is still warm I poke holes in the top of the cake and let the frosting sink down into the cake. Wonderful! Thanks for posting!