It was hotter than hoo-ey outside and I didn't want to cook, so I looked in the fridge to see what I could come up with. And this was it--it was surprisingly delicious and my sister wanted the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs chicken, roasted and cooled completely
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 bunch green onion, whites only, finely sliced (around 6)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (rehydrated)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 sweet cherries, cut in quarters and pits removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika (smoked paprika preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip light
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1Rehydrate the cranberries in near-boiling water for about 5 minutes, then drain and set aside on paper towels for a few minutes to dry. Meanwhile, remove the chicken meat from the bones and shred into small pieces. Discard the skin, fat and bones.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the spices, Miracle Whip, and yogurt with the lemon juice until well combined.
- 3Add the shredded chicken, cherries, cranberries, celery, green onions and pecans and mix until thoroughly combined.
- 4Chill in the refrigerator at least 45 minutes to one hour, until cold.
- 5Serve along with crackers, or on sandwiches, in hollowed-out tomatoes, or however you like chicken salad--and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Chicken Cherry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.5
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 216.7 mg
- Sodium 485.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 53.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: