- 10 ounces rib eye steaks, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick of good quality with plenty of fat in the steak but not round the edge
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the steak for a minute with a rolling pin or wooden mallet.
- Heat 2/3 oil in a skillet or ribbed frying pan until just starting to smoke.
- Salt steak both sides and rub into meat then rub all over with remaining oil.
- Place steak in pan and turn down to a medium high setting. Leave steak alone for the time required to cook one side and then turn over Reset the heat to high and cook for the same period of time.
- Cook for 3 mins per side for rare, 4mins per side for medium rare,5 mins per side for medium.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for 2 mins prior to serving.
- Serve with garlic mushrooms, fried onions tinned tomatoes and frenchfries or baked potato and salad for a healthier option.