- 3 portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, cut into chunks and coated with lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, in pieces
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon thick yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herb flavoured mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mushrooms, apples, celery and walnuts in a bowl. Combine all the ingredients for the dressing and mix gently with the vegetable. Arrange the watercress on a glat dish or platter and mound the salad mixture on the top.
- Variation: A medium bulb of fennel, finely sliced, could be used in place of the celery.