Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This sidedish goes well with...well,everything!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb mushroom (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -5 medium potatoes (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté mushrooms until tender-set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of greased 1 1/2 Qt baking dish with a layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle with flour mixture.
- Add a layer of mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with a layer of Parmesan cheese.
- Dot with butter.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
- Pour milk over all.
- Cover and bake in a 375º oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake until potatoes are tender and browned, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
This side dish does go with everything and we all really enjoyed it - I added lots of fresh thyme and oregano to my mushrooms and substituted feta for parmesan and used skim milk and it was a terrific vegetable casserole and there is a tiny weeny serve left that will be a yummy lunch tomorrow with all the flavours well developed so thanks to mydesigirl .