Recipe by Mel Bedggood
This is a dieter's version of a paneer curry. If you're after a more creamier version, add some butter to cook the spices in and add cream or coconut milk at the end to make it more saucier.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon white mustard seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 200 g panir (you can use thick cottage cheese)
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon coriander paste
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spices in pan and warm or roast these. Add 1 tbs butter at this stage if you want non-diet version.
- Add a little water with tomato paste and mix.
- Add paneer and mushrooms with rest of water. Simmer until cooked through. Stirring occasionally.
- Add cream or coconut milk here and simmer. Stir to ensure no kurdling of cream.