Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Simply Pasta and Italian. Posted for ZWT III
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 ounces shallots, minced
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms or 8 ounces cremini mushrooms or 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 1 lb spinach, cooked, drained, and finely chopped
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup cheshire cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 6 -8 lasagna noodles, cooked
- Grease a 9" x 12" baking dish.
- Melt 4 tbs of the butter in a pan and add the garlic, shallots, and mushroomes and cook until soft.
- Stir in the spinach, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the remaining butter in another pan over low heat and add the flour until absorbed.
- Gradually stir in the milk, stirring constantly until thick.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the Cheshire cheese and season.
- Spread half of the mushroom and spinach mixture over the base of the baking dish and cover with a layer of noodles, and then with half of the cheese sauce. Repeat the process and sprinkle over the remaining Cheshire cheese. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden.