Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice basic vegetarian laksa. You can very the spice level from mild to hot based on the laksa paste you choose.
- 250 g rice vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 500 g button mushrooms, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup laksa paste
- 4 cups chicken stock (use veg stock for vegetarian)
- 3 teaspoons palm sugar
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
- Place noodles into a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 3 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 T of oil and swirl to coat the wok. Add mushrooms and stir fry for 3 minutes until light golden. Transfer to a plate. Add remaining oil and laksa paste. Stir fry for 2 minutes until oil separates from paste.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return the mushrooms to the wok. Add palm sugar and coconut milk. Stir until hot. Do not boil.
- Divide noodles between serving bowls. Ladle over soup. Top with bean sprouts, mint and coriander.