Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A yummy baked mushroom side dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (reduced fat is OK)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. When butter is foamy, add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, egg yolk, and salt and pepper; stir this into the mushrooms. Heat through, stirring frequently.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle with the parsley and shredded cheeses.
- Bake at 425 for about 12 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Delicious side dish with dinner last night, creamy and cheesey! Thanks for posting this. Made for The Rail Riding Rowdies ZWT5.
E-x-c-e-l-l-e-n-t!!!!! I used an Italian blend of cheese rather than swiss and parmesan...nice side dish with steak...so easy too! Deana :)