Most portobella burgers cook the mushroom whole. This one uses chopped portobella and button mushrooms, and is great served with your favorite toppings. You can change the cheese out for your favorite. Adapted from Curtis Aikens from the foodnetwork channel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 lbs portabella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup button mushroom (roughly chop)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup carrot, minced
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley, washed, stems removed, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (about 3 slices)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled (or your favorite cheese)
- hamburger bun
- 1In a small saute pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute shallot until translucent. Add mushrooms, garlic, carrots and saute for 10 to 15 minutes, until most of the liquid from mushrooms has evaporated.
- 2Remove from heat and pour mixture into a large bowl. Let cool.
- 3Stir in parsley, bread crumbs, egg, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. The mixing spoon should stand in the mixture. If not, add more bread crumbs.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5Shape mushroom mixture into 4 burgers.
- 6Heat remaining oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat and sear until golden on both sides.
- 7Crumble cheese over the top and place pan in oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- 8Remove each burger to a bun and serve with traditional garnish of sliced onion, tomato and fries.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Cheese Burgers(Curtis Aikens)
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.6
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 843.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: