Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
very healthy main dish
- 500 g cauliflower
- 500 g tomatoes, chopped
- 100 g mushrooms, chopped
- 50 g red capsicums (shimla mirch)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 3 whole red chilies
- 6 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup coriander, chopped (to garnish)
- discard the leaves of cauliflower and cut the stem short and flat, so that it can stand on plate.
- dry roast rai , red chili and curry leaves till splutter and pepper darkens.
- add 2 tbsp water and stir fry for few minutes.
- add ginger, saute till light brown and add tomatoes, garam masala, red chili powder and salt.
- stir fry till tomatoes are cooked and become soft.
- add mushrooms and capsicum and little water to make gravy thick.
- simmer for few minute.
- steam cauliflower till cooked but firm. transfer to serving dish. pour thr hot mushroom mixture over and around it.
- grnaish with green corainder.