1/1 Photo of Mushroom and Red Pepper Carbonara
Soup Lady's Note:
Crushed red pepper gives this traditional pasta dish an added kick, while mushrooms add extra flavor and texture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salt water for 8-10 minutes.
- 2While the pasta is cooking mix in a large bowl; parmesan cheese, sour cream, salt, black pepper, eggs, and garlic.
- 3Drain the pasta in a collander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup of water.
- 4Add reserved water to egg mixture.
- 5Heat oil over very low heat in the pan that the pasta was cooked.
- 6Add bacon and pasta.
- 7Pour egg mixture over the pasta and add red pepper and mushrooms.
- 8Mix well and heat for just a couple of minutes to thicken and cook eggs.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Red Pepper Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.7
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.1 mg
- Sodium 814.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 21.7 g