Recipe by Soup Lady
Crushed red pepper gives this traditional pasta dish an added kick, while mushrooms add extra flavor and texture.
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
So easy and delicious! I didn't measure but I'm fairly certain I doubled the cheese. I skipped using the oil at the end, and just dumped the noodles, water, and egg mixture together at the same time (an accident but it worked out fine). I also left off the mushrooms as I only had white ones, and I didn't think they would get cooked enough. Cooking my bacon in the microwave (5 minutes) made it even faster. Will definitely make this again...and again!
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salt water for 8-10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking mix in a large bowl; parmesan cheese, sour cream, salt, black pepper, eggs, and garlic.
- Drain the pasta in a collander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup of water.
- Add reserved water to egg mixture.
- Heat oil over very low heat in the pan that the pasta was cooked.
- Add bacon and pasta.
- Pour egg mixture over the pasta and add red pepper and mushrooms.
- Mix well and heat for just a couple of minutes to thicken and cook eggs.