Crushed red pepper gives this traditional pasta dish an added kick, while mushrooms add extra flavor and texture.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salt water for 8-10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking mix in a large bowl; parmesan cheese, sour cream, salt, black pepper, eggs, and garlic.
- Drain the pasta in a collander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup of water.
- Add reserved water to egg mixture.
- Heat oil over very low heat in the pan that the pasta was cooked.
- Add bacon and pasta.
- Pour egg mixture over the pasta and add red pepper and mushrooms.
- Mix well and heat for just a couple of minutes to thicken and cook eggs.