Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A colorful dessert bursting with intensity! Lemon and apple flavors cascade through humble pears. It's like a party n your mouth! One would never guess that most of the flavor comes from simple candy...
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pears (PLEASE use pears in THEIR OWN JUICE. Do not use the ones in syrup or it will come out nasty!)
- 1 (1 ounce) boxof lemon heads brand lemon candy (or a generic brand. If you can't find a 1 oz box just measure out 1/8 cup)
- 1 (1 ounce) boxof apple heads brand apple candy (or a generic brand. If you can't find a 1 oz box just measure out 1/8 cup)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 drops green food coloring
- Open the cans of pears.
- Drain the juice of one can into a small sauce pan. drain the other can into a glass to save it for later or to sip now.
- Juice your lemon into a small glass (to make sure no seeds end up in your pan) and pour the lemon juice into your pan.
- Add the salt.
- Heat on HIGH until the juice mixture begins to boil.
- Add the apple and lemon candies to the juice mixture, stirring occasionally. It may take awhile for the candies to melt, but they will completely melt into your mixture. Once they do, lower the heat to MEDUIM.
- Add the food coloring and vanilla extract and stir.
- Turn off the heat, then add the pears and gently stir.
- Chill the pears for at least one hour before serving.(The longer they chill, the better they taste!)They're ready to eat!