Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Mum's Turkey recipe from Food.com.
- Discard bag of gizzards from inside cavity and rise the cavity of the turkey with cold water.
- Pat dry.
- Salt & pepper the bird all over.
- Roast until golden brown, about 2 hours.
- Cover the breast loosely with foil when golden brown.
- Cook until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees F in the thigh of turkey.
- The thigh takes about 30 more minutes than the rest of the bird.
- Transfer to a cutting board or serving platter to rest for 15 minutes before carving.