Recipe by Sackville
My husband's mother passed on this recipe for lasagna. It's very simple and I think that's why he loves it so much.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 2-3 tsp powder)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 (5 ounce) can tomato paste
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups cottage cheese (Marlene uses about 5 cups 1 big tub and 1 small tub)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat slowly in a large pan. Spoon off the excess fat and add the garlic, salt, tomato paste and canned tomatoes.
- You can also add one onion, cut up very fine.
- Simmer 30 minutes, uncovered stirring occasionally.
- Cook noodles by boiling a large pot of water.
- Add salt and noodles. Cover and turn off heat.
- Leave for 20 minutes. Do not lift cover. You can use your roasting pan for this step.
- Now combine the cottage cheese, parmesan, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place ½ the noodles in 13x9x2 oblong dish, spread with ½ the cottage cheese filling and ½ the meat sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 375F about 30 minutes.
- You can assemble this early. Refrigerate and allow 15 minutes longer for cooking.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting, filling will set slightly.