Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This was in today's local/state paper and is suggested for Mother's day. Not a cheap cut of meat but the recipe sounds delicious. Times are estimated.
- 1 lamb, short loin (boneless, flaps on from your butcher)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (freshly cracked to taste)
- 100 g pancetta (thinly sliced and then diced()
- 100 g pork mince
- 4 sage leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (heaped and finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (grated)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- cooking kitchen twine (string)
- Lay your double lamb loin skin side down and flat and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix pancetta, pork mince, sage, parsley, carrot and breadcrumbs for the stuffing and then lay the stuffing down the centre of the lamb and spread over the back straps and fillets before wrapping the lamb flaps around the stuffing with the flaps meeting in the middle.
- Tie the loins together in a roll with the twine/string and then rub the olive oil over the outside and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a oven pan at 175C for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the core temperature of the lamb is at 60C, check by using a meat thermometer.
- Serve sliced at the table with a salad or vegetables.
- Mama mia, it's good.