Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Breakfast can set the mood for the day - beginning with luxury means you have to live up to it!
- 6 stalks asparagus (so fresh that it cracks when you try to bend it)
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 4 slices thin, buttered toast
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, whipped
- unsalted butter (for frying)
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cut the asparagus into small pieces and fry very gently in unsalted butter.
- When the asparagus is just beginning to soften, add the eggs, sprinkle with pepper and continue to cook over low heat, stirring well.
- When the eggs are just set (not hard, but creamy), gently fold in the smoked salmon, and then spoon the mixture on to the toast.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and dump whipped cream on top.