1/1 Photo of Multiseeded Multigrain Bread or Rolls
3 hrs 35 mins
Diana #2's Note:
I love 'nutty' type breads. These are hearty, tasty, and definitely good for you. I got a little lazy when making these and decided to cut the dough into slices instead of forming rolls, and ended up with bread 'discs'. These turned out very well. Easily sliced in two, or just slather butter on top.....a little honey also goes really well. These also freeze extremely well. This is adapted from a Robin Hood recipe, which I've noted further down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put bulgur in a large bowl and pour warm water over top. Let stand for 15 minutes to soften.
- 2Sprinkle yeast on top and let stand another 15 minutes until the yeast is foamy, then stir.
- 3To the yeast mixture, add honey, oil, pecans, sunflower seeds, sesame and poppy seeds, salt, and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat on low speed of an electric mixer. Add remaining flour slowly. (my mixer isn't strong enough for this, so I do it while kneading).
- 4Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface, and knead the dough for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth and springs back.
- 5Place in a greased bowl, turning to coat, and cover with parchment paper and a tea towel. Put the bowl in a warm, draft free place to rise for 2 hours. I warm up the oven for a few minutes and do my rising in there.
- 6Punch the dough down. You can have either 2 loaves, baked in 8-1/2 x 4 loaf pans which have been lightly greased, or 16 rolls. For the bread 'rounds' as show in the photo: form the dough into a cylinder, and cut into 1" slices. After you have divided your dough, loosely cover with parchment paper and let rise again for a further 45 minutes. Brush the tops with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 7Bake at 375*. Bread will take about 35 - 40 minutes, rolls and rounds about 20.
- 8NOTE: This is an adapted version of Robin Hoods 'Multiseed Bread'. The original called for walnuts, a half cup each of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and whole wheat flour.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Multiseeded Multigrain Bread or Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 7.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: