- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rye flour
- 1⁄4 cup regular oatmeal or 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon steel cut oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal (ground flaxseeds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the dough cycle and start.
- Check the consistency after 10 minutes or so, and add flour or water, as needed.
- At end of cycle, remove from pan, shape as desired and place on parchment paper or on cornmeal sprinkled baking sheet. Let rise until almost doubled.
- Slash and place in 400 deg. oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Note: Feel free to substitute any combination of seeds or grains you find appealing. Substitute whole wheat if you have no rye flour. I'm sure this can also be baked in the machine, if you so wish.