Recipe by Sue-Lin
Healthy and scrumptious crunchy energy bars full of grains, nuts, and dried fruits.
- 2 cups uncooked 12-grain cereal (7-grain cereal may also be used)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cereal, raisins, almonds, pumpkin seeds, flours, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Stir to mix thoroughly.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar and egg until blended.
- Stir in the applesauce and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- Spread the batter in the pan and bake for about 30- 35 minutes or until golden brown and tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool until lukewarm on a wire rack before cutting into bars.