Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tie a spice sachet around a jug of cider to make a festive gift. Directions to place on gift tag are included. Adapted from Whole Foods.
- Place cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods in a plastic bag.
- Crush cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods using a rolling pin or the bottom cast iron skillet.
- Mix the crushed spices with the rest of the ingredients.
- Portion into six ready-made muslin tea bags or make your own with cheesecloth and kitchen string.
- Each sachet flavors 3 quarts apple cider.
- Write on a gift tag or paper and attach to gift:.
- Mulled Cider Sachets.
- 3 quarts apple cider.
- 1 orange, sliced.
- 1 spiced sachet.
- 8 cinnamon sticks.
- Pour apple cider into saucepan or crockpot. Place sachet(or bag) into pot. Simmer 20 minutes and serve warm with a cinnamon stick.
- Replace 1 quart cider with another fruit juice, like cranberry.