Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ahhh, the smell of hot mulled cider on a cold winters day. It warms and soothes you inside and out. If you want a little "zing" to it, just add some brandy.
- 1 large lemon, cut in half
- 1 medium orange, cut in half
- 16 whole cloves
- 4 cups apple juice
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 4 cinnamon sticks (2-inch each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut two slices (1/4-inch thick) from each lemon and orange half.
- Insert whole cloves into slices and set aside.
- Squeeze juice from remainder of fruit halves into a medium saucepan.
- Stir in apple juice and honey.
- Mix well.
- Add cinnamon sticks, ginger and clove/fruit slices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about one hour over very low heat.
- Strain if desired.