Have not tried this yet, but it looks like something the kiddies would love. Make a cornmeal batter, stir in sliced hot dogs and bake in muffin tins. Very easy to do. Since I have not made these, I am guessing at how many it makes.
- Im medium bowl, mix together sugar, baking powder, salt, cornmeal and flour.
- Beat eggs, milk and melted butter together; make a well in the center and pour mixture into well.
- Stir until moistened, then stir in hot dogs.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
I added 1c. of shredded old cheddar cheese on top. I poked the cheese down with my finger so half was below the surface. This made them moist. Next time I might add some mustard powder, and use onion salt instead of salt. They were really bland, which I thought my little kids might appreciate, but not the adults.
My daughter loved these! I cheated and used corn muffin mix. I added cheese to mine and it was delicious! Thanks for the fun idea! Great for kids and quick and easy! Yummy too!
My kids liked these alot. I agree that maybe a few more hot dogs would be good. I might try with a little cheese next time as well. Thanks for sharing!