Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from a Mr Food recipe. This is one time when nonstick spray just won't do the trick-grease your tins very well using shortening, oil, or butter or the muffins will stick.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Mix all ingredients together in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat on low speed just until smooth (don't overmix).
- Set a very well greased muffin pan into the preheated oven for 3 minutes or until a drop of water sizzles when dropped into the tin.
- Once pan is preheated, ladle batter into the tins two-thirds full each.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then LOWER the heat to 350 F and bake another 18-20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Using a knife tip, poke a small hole in the top of each popover to releases the steam.
- Leave the popovers in the oven another 5 minutes to crisp up.
- Serve immediately.
These did not "pop" like popovers often do. They were sort of thick and solid. But they had a great popover flavor and the kids loved them. I did use skim milk which might have helped with the consistency. Even with them being sort of hockey-puckish, I will make them again soon. They are 1 WW point a popover and a good acompaniment to dinner!