Recipe by lauralie41
A boxed muffin mix starts this recipe out. The addition of apples, carrots, and pineapple make a very moist and wonderful muffin. This recipe is adapted from BettyCrocker's website.
- 15 1⁄4 ounces Betty Crocker cinnamon streusel muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup apple, chopped peeled
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using shortening or cooking spray grease the bottom only of an 8 inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl add muffin mix, apple, carrot, walnuts, and coconut, stir together and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine oil, eggs, and pineapple. Add to muffin mix that you set aside and blend together well.
- Spread batter in pan. Using the struesel from the muffin mix package, sprinkle this over the batter.
- Bake for approximately 38-42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and water until mixture is smooth and thin. Drizzle this over warm cake, serve immediately.