Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A boxed muffin mix starts this recipe out. The addition of apples, carrots, and pineapple make a very moist and wonderful muffin. This recipe is adapted from BettyCrocker's website.
- 15 1⁄4 ounces Betty Crocker cinnamon streusel muffin mix
- 1⁄2 cup apple, chopped peeled
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using shortening or cooking spray grease the bottom only of an 8 inch square pan.
- In a medium bowl add muffin mix, apple, carrot, walnuts, and coconut, stir together and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine oil, eggs, and pineapple. Add to muffin mix that you set aside and blend together well.
- Spread batter in pan. Using the struesel from the muffin mix package, sprinkle this over the batter.
- Bake for approximately 38-42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and water until mixture is smooth and thin. Drizzle this over warm cake, serve immediately.
Very flavorful and moist! made as is with no changes. Was easy and turned out very nice. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
This sweet little cake had all of the ingredients that my husband loves and it proved to be a keeper. Thanks so much for sharing this.