Recipe by Marz
This recipe contains muesli cereal. Got it from Martha Stewart Living Magazine. Although I have not made it, it sure looks good!
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped banana
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups blueberry-walnut muesli
- 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Whisk together flours, bran, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Put butter and brown sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until combined after each addition. Add bananas, applesauce, and vanilla; mix until combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in 3/4 cup muesli and the blueberries.
- Line 10 cups of a standard (12-cup) muffin tin with paper liners. Divide batter among cups, filling to rims. Sprinkle tops with remaining 1/2 cup muesli. Bake until a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely in tin on a wire rack.