Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delightful favorite with everyone, especially appetizing during the summer months.
- 3⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) purchased angel food cake
- 1⁄4 cup honey syrup, sugar-free
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for dusting
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 8 mint sprigs, garnish
- Stir the mascarpone and 4 tablespoons of honey syrup in a large bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream in another large bowl, while slowly adding powdered sugar, until soft peaks form. Using a large rubber spatula, fold 1/4 of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture to lighten. Then fold the remaining whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine raspberries with remaining honey syrup and allow to macerate until raspberries begin to give up their juice, about 15 minutes.
- Serve a slice of the cake, garnish with mascarpone-whipped cream, macerated raspbees, ground cinnamon and mint sprig. Yummy!