1/7 Photos of Mrs. Pischke's Rum Cake
Galley Wench's Note:
This recipes comes from Pischke's in Scottsdale -- a one of a kind restaurant! Simple yet very tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 4 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour Bundt cake Pan.
- 3In large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients and blend on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Pour into Bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- 5While cake bakes, combine in small saucepan, water and butter. Heat over medium heat until butter melts.
- 6Add sugar and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in dark rum.
- 8Remove cake from oven and turn out into a 9 inch pie plate (with a lip) immediately.
- 9When cake is nearly cool, using a fork, poke holes all over the inside, outside and top.
- 10Slowly pour glaze over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Pischke's Rum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.9
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.2 mg
- Sodium 494.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 4.0 g