Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posted by request. From the "Mrs. Fields Best Cookie Book Ever" cookbook.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl with electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, coconut and vanilla, then blend slowly until smooth,.
- Add the flour mixture, chopped chocolate and pecans.
- Scape the dough into the prepared baking pan and level and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the center is set and the top is golden.
- Place the pan on a wire rack to cool at room temperature before cutting into 16 bars.
I think this recipe is wrong. Sadly, these bars are sitting in one big undercooked lump on my counter. I seriously think it should read 350 degrees, and I will try them again because OMG the dough tasted SO. GOOD. (And I am a dough connoisseur!)