Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm always looking for different ways to cook carrots. Adapted from their website.
- 1 lb sliced carrot, cooked
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add 1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash and sauté for a minute.
- Add the brown sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Add the cooked carrots and continue to sauté for about five minutes or until the sugar starts to glaze the carrots.
- Taste and add more of the seasoning if you like.
- Serve hot.
We really enjoyed these carrots for a change of pace. The brown sugar and butter were soooooooo good on the carrot slices. The only thing I would change, is to add a bit less of the lemon pepper. Thanks for the easy and yummy recipe!
We do not get Mrs Dash here in Australia so I used a Master Foods garlic and herb seasoning (no added salt) and with the brown sugar made a lovely addition to the carrots. I scaled the recipe back to 2 serves which was plenty for 3 of us with other sides and Grilled Salmon With Tangy Cucumber Sauce I steamed my carrots but may have just overdone them a bit as once they went through the glaze they were very soft but still delicious. Thank you Lori Mama, made for Everyday A Holiday.
What a nice way to dress up carrots. Loved the combination of the brown sugar and the herb seasonings. Simple and good. Thanks Lori Mama for sharing. Made for Holiday Tag.