Recipe by LES H.
If you're a fan of warm-ya-up casseroles that are so good you keep going back for seconds, then this English-inspired dish should be tops on your what-to-make-this-weekend list!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 lb sausage links, cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; add milk a little at a time and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add water and eggs and beat until bubbly. Cover loosely and set aside for 30 minutes in a cool place, but do not refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, place sausage in a 9- x 13-inch baking pan and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and pour batter over sausage.
- Bake on center oven rack 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy, well browned, and crisp.